Bus Day

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Today was a bus day.  Mostly.  We left Vienna and drove for a very long time.  We stopped along the way to see this Medieval castle.  I can't remember the name of it because 1) I don't think they told us or 2) it was really long.  Something German though.  I feel like I deserve a "I made it to the top of the mountain" shirt after climbing all the way to that fortress.  It was insane.  No one told me we'd be hiking, so my shoes were not ideal.  Adorable, but not made for hiking.  Anyway.  Once we made it to the top we took a tour.  It was much different than I expected.  The inside had all pretty much been remodled so it didn't look like a drafty castle.  More like a museum.  The gift shop had wooden swords and cool mace things and I wanted to get them for some of my younger brothers but I didn't bring my purse with me.  My mom is probably thanking the heavens after reading that.
We continued our drive through the pretty Austrian country.  It's so green! So filled with trees and hills.  Its honestly like a scene out of The Sound of Music.  We finally reached Velden and it is amazing.  Our hostel is right on this massive lake and surrounded by tree covered hills.  So beautiful.  Some of my friends jumped in the lake.  We are calling it the Polar Bear Plunge in Austria.  Hmm everything sounds better with alliteration, but i can't think of a good one for that.  That's beside the point.  While driving I also got pretty far into the second book of the Lord of the Rings series.  Prettz stoked about that.  There are some Dennmark kids running amuk and its really distracting.  They're highschool age or younger. 
We drive to Florence.  We leave at the God-forsaken time of too-early-in-the-morning.  I shall be up before the sun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment