Take it to the Street

Monday, May 9, 2011

Yesterday wasn't very interesting. We went to church in Florence which was forever long because they had a guy translate at the pulpit. Very long. After that we went to some town on a hill and saw a striped church which was neat.
We drove into Rome and it is cool. We are staying in a convent and the sisters are so kind and so amazing. Our rooms are so comfortable and the sister try to teach me Italian! Which I love. We went around our neighborhood and saw so many cool street performers. There was the spray painters and acrobats and magicians and bubbles! I love bubbles. There were si many stands and cute things. We went and got gelato and I had some street pizza with arugala, mozzarella, and tomatoes. So good and so cheap. It was so fun.
Today we took a walking tour of Rome. It was windy. I have a passionate hate against wind. Especially cold wind. So I don't really remember much about today because I kind of zone out to avoid thinking about the wind. I know we saw the coliseum and the pantheon. We also saw Michelangelo's Moses. I really liked that. We saw the Trevy Fountain. I don't know how to spell it. I threw a coin in and made a wish. We ate a delicious dinner. We had real pizza cooked forno style. It's thin like a cracker and amazing. We got sausage, extra cheese, and mushroom. Mmmm. We saw carvaggio's the Ecstasy of St. Teresa. She's not my favorite saint but the sculpture is pretty. We also saw Carvaggio's painting of the ordination of Matthew. That is a seriously pretty painting. I can't think of what else we saw... Were going out again tonight to see the Coliseum lit up. That'll be fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment