Florence

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Today was a busy day.  First we woke up early and went to the Duomo which is massive.  I thought it was going to take forever to hike up the stairs to the top, but it wasn't any worse than Notre Dame.  That was amazing to see.  It was really cool to walk between the layers of the dome and see the curve from the inside.
After that we went to see the Pieta by Michelangelo.  It is his unfinished piece and is really beautfil.  I just really love sculptures.
We went to the market after that and I proabably had a little oo much fun.  I got some ties, two silk scarves, a strawhat, and envelopes.  Enevlopes are a weakness of mine.  A lot of people in my group spent a lot of euros on leather items, such as jackets or purses.  I was thinking about a ta leather trench or a purple purse, but both were €200.  Sooo not worth it. 
We went to another museum after that and saw the Birth of Venus and the Primavera by Botteccilli.  They are really amazing. 
We visited two churches briefly and i still love churches. In one of the churches, (the one connected to the Duomo) they had these beautfil candle set up.  They looked kind of like flickering trees.  They put the short tea candles on this ire tree looking thing and underneth them.  It was so cool. 
We have some sort of guitar show tonight? I don't know what thats about.  I'll endure.  I'm really tired though because the window let the light in and there was a massve night light in our room last night.  It was not fun.  There are also 16 girls in that room.  On the plus side I got to shower today since I came home a little earlier than others! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment